Exploring the world's built environments and seeking sustainable solutions.

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Fahhrad Schläuche (Bike Tube Dispenser)


Freiburg, Germany
On Kartäuserstraβe, the same street our hostel for the week was located on, I came upon a bike tube dispenser. I have never seen a dispenser for bike accessories before and thought it was fascinating. The dispenser accommodates 6 different tube sizes for the bikes throughout Freiburg. The location was perfect because it sits in a residential area between downtown and the Dreisam river. Both places have many bike riders daily. I am assuming that because of the many nature trails along the river and within the Black Forest (less than a 10 minute bike ride away) that it is common for Freiburgers to need tube dispensers. However, I have not seen anyone use the dispenser within the 6 days that I have been in Freiburg.  

By: Melissa Traverso

No comments:

Post a Comment